The Bulverde Area Rural Library District serves a 200 square mile area in the western portion of Comal County, a community of over 27,000 residents projected to more than double during the next 5-10 years. In addition, many residents of Boerne, New Braunfels, and northern San Antonio hold memberships with the Bulverde/Spring Branch Library, now the Mammen Family Public Library. Currently, the library has almost 8,000 active members, with more members added every day. The library’s vision is to provide access to valuable educational resources and learning opportunities, no matter what age or stage of life, in a safe and welcoming space.Expansion plans began in 2016, when the Trustees developed a 10-year facilities masterplan to determine how best to manage the rapidly growing population of their service area. The first phase of the masterplan began in spring 2017 that included the expansion and renovation of the Bulverde/Spring Branch Library aka Mammen Family Public Library. In the early planning stages, the public gave input as to what they would like to see in a revamped library and much of the design is based on that input.
Free Library Services:
- Materials for adults, children, juvenile, & young adult in both English and Spanish including:
- Fiction, Non-fiction, & graphic novels
- Large print materials
- Big books & board books
- Audio books on CD
- Kits with audio & books
- Puppets, cakepans, globes, & posters
- Online resources including downloadable ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines, free language learning, job skills help and career resources, etc.
- Local, state and national newspapers and magazines
- Wireless hotspot
- Computers with high speed internet access
- Education resources: materials and equipment
- Community meeting rooms (free for non-profits)
- Study rooms - may not be available during construction
- Exam proctoring
- Reference services
- Federal tax forms
- Interlibrary loan services
- Family room with children’s computers - may not be available during construction
Friends of the Library Book Nook:
Used books available for sale during library open hours at extremely reasonable prices!
- Huge summer reading program for children, teens and adults
- Book clubs
- ESL & GED classes
- Computer training
- Rotating art displays - on hold during construction
- Great Decisions programs
- Book & Author annual event
- Craft days
- Various programs & speakers
- Reading therapy dogs and a cat!
- Children’s Storytimes
- & much more...
Other Library Services:
- Faxing - $2.00 for first page, $1.00 each page after, max $5.00 for up to 20 pages per fax
- Copies & Printing - Black & white for $0.10 per page, color for $1.00 per page
- Laminating - $1.00 per foot
- Die Cut Machine & Dies: free to use with your own paper, $0.10 per page if we provide paper
- Buttonmaking Machine - Free to use with your own materials, $0.50 per button if we have materials available
- Test Proctoring - $10.00 per test with prior approval from school/testing center
VISIT https://mfplibrary.org/ FOR MORE INFORMATION.